Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Crock Pot Tuesday

What's for dinner at your house?  Today is Crock pot Tuesday and I'm making white chicken chili adapted from Tablespoon.com.



I start with 1 1/2 pounds uncooked chicken breast cut into bite size pieces.  The chicken here has been marinated first in a garlic & herb bottled marinade (optional).


Then add one 15 ounce can of drained and rinsed white or great northern beans.


Then add two 11 ounce cans mexicorn.  The original recipe calls for adding the cans undrained but I like my chili on the thicker side so I add one drained and one undrained.








Then add one 4.5 ounce can undrained green chilies .






Then add chicken broth.  The original recipe calls for 32 ounces but again, I like my chili on the thicker side so I add just enough to cover, about 8-10 ounces.

Depending on how small the chicken pieces, cook on low 2-4 hours or on high 1-2 hours.



30 minutes before fully cooked microwave one 8 ounce block of cream cheese for 60 seconds to melt. Add to slow cooker and stir well.  If you prefer a creamer consistency, use 2 blocks.

Serve with you favorite garnishes.  We like sour cream, shredded cheese and crushed tortilla chips (hint of lime are my favorite).

We love this recipe, especially on rainy days like today.  What's your favorite rainy day meal?


  • 1 1/2 pounds uncooked chicken breast
  • 1 15 ounce can white or great northern beans
  • 1 10 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chilies
  • 2 11 ounce cans mexicorn
  • 1 4.5 ounce can green chilies
  • 32 ounces chicken broth
  • 2 t salt
  • 1/2 t pepper
  • 12 t cumin
  • 1/2 t chili powder
  • 8 ounces cream cheese



1 comment: