Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Slight Departure from Crock Pot Tuesdays-Grilled Skirt Steak



A slight departure from Crock Pot Tuesdays, today we are having Grilled Skirt Steak. I love this particular cut of meat, not only does it cook up easily but it contains tremendous flavor with very little fuss.


Today I am using a very easy marinade I got from My Recipes.com.  The marinade calls for 1/4 C Balsamic Vinegar, 1 T Worcestershire Sauce, 2 t Dark brown Sugar and 1 Clove Garlic, minced.


Season the steak, front & back with salt and pepper to taste and warm your grill pan.  I use the "sizzle" test to let me know when my pan is ready by running my hand under water and letting a few drops fall into the pan.  If they sizzle, then the pan is ready.



Next place steak in the pan and don't move to allow the pan to do it's job and provide those lovely grill marks we all love to see. 



If you want to see a lattice pattern on your steak, turn the steak 1/4 turn about half way through the cooking time.  I cooked the steak for 8 minutes on the first side and then 4 minutes on the second side.




YUM!

2 comments:

  1. This is MY all time favorite cut of meat as well. I'm going to try this marinade! Usually I use Italian dressing with some worchestire (sp?) sauce and it's pretty good, but this looks interesting and something different! Thanks Paula!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The marinade was pretty good but a little too vinegary. I would add a little more Worcestershire (thank God for spell check) and another teaspoon of brown sugar if you try it. Let me know how it turns out :)

    ReplyDelete