Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

To Do Lists




Feeling a bit better today so time to compensate for yesterday.  Dress to shoes, almost.  Shiny sink, how about empty sink?  Reclaim inoculated surfaces, check!   This Mami is on a roll...


What's next on the list?  Attic time...need to bring the fans down and find that missing box of summer clothes.  20 times hotter in the attic than it is in the house, 3 of 5 fans blocked by suitcases and other clutter.  Too hot and congested to go on the hunt for the box of summer clothes, I descend the ladder discouraged and deflated.

I've been looking for a good online task master to help me stay organized.  How many of you are list writers?  I am a master list writer.  What I'm not so good at is keeping up with my lists.  They get lost, tossed or I write them and forget to look at them.  I've been researching some online task masters and Freelance Switch.com recommends Vitalist.com and Todoist.com.  I found the terminology of Vitalist a bit too much for me but I liked Todoist.  You can enter a project like: Clean the Bathroom, and then enter each task in the bathroom like scrub tub, polish mirror, etc. and then each item can be clicked off.  This can be good for those of us who feel a great sense of accomplishment when each task is crossed off the list.


Google Calendar has a task option.  This seems helpful because you can have your tasks listed in your calendar and you don't have to go to more than one place. The problem with this is that you can only list your tasks and only mark the list as complete.  Not quite what I am looking for.   

What I would love is a way to list short term and long term tasks, as well as daily, weekly, monthly tasks and have them show up on my desktop so as soon as I log into my computer they would all be there.  Oh well, I will keep searching and keep you all posted.


How to you keep track of all the things you need to do?







 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment