Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Crock Pot Tuesday-A Departure-Getting Back on Track




Well it's always hard to get back into your routine after a a holiday weekend, isn't it?  That is especially true for me.  Back to the routine, dress to shoes, check, reclaim inoculated surfaces, check. 15 minute declutter?  Ummm, not today, I think certain areas may need a bit more attention.

As you may know I am on an organizational journey, so each day I am attempting to devote at least 15 minutes a day to decluttering my home and I am working on managing my time so that I can keep myself from being overwhelmed and running around in circles trying to get everything done in a given day.  Well this weekend I fell off the wagon.  It started late last week when I came down with the cold my sons had the week before and it was all down hill after that. So today, I pick myself up, dust myself off and away I go.

I found this wonderful resource for organizing my time and getting into a routine that will become so natural, I won't have to think much about it.  Fly Lady.net  At first glance, she may seem a bit extreme, but then again, my need for organization is more than a bit extreme.  I have been mesmerized by this site.  She has you start out with baby steps and begin with small routines.  I am currently working on my Before Bed and Morning routines and working on putting together my Control Journal.  Of course, all this takes time that I never seem to have so I have set aside time into my routines to work on these things.

Some of the things on the before bed and morning routines seem a bit obvious but with my 3 boys there are days when I don't get a chance to stop for a moment until noon and I realize I never got to wash my face that morning.  Having it all laid out for me will help me to get into a routine where all this is second nature and even a hurricane won't deviate me from my routine.  OK, well maybe a hurricane, but I think you know what I mean?

Do you have before bed and morning routines?  What are they?


No comments:

Post a Comment