Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

On this Mother's Day...




Mother,
You've given me two things
One is roots
The other's wings
- Anonymous

Happy Mother's Day!  Thought I would make myself look all smart by sharing the origins of the holiday and how it is celebrated around the world but after I bored myself nearly to tears, I found this great site all about Mother's Day. http://www.mothersdaycentral.com/about-mothersday/history/ Crafts, poems, gift ideas, you name it, it's on there!  I love this site, infinite possibilities will continue to visit again and again.

The basic sentiment is that mother's should be celebrated everyday. And I say this, not because I am a mother, but as a mother, I have really come to recognize all that a mother is and does.  And by celebrating I don't mean that you should shower her with gifts everyday (although that sounds really nice) but take a minute to say, "Thanks!", or "I love you!" or even "I really appreciated that!", but take a minute to squeeze her tight and say, "I don't know where I would be without you!".  All too soon our mothers leave this earth, and we are left behind without her.  Be sure to say all you would say before that day.  I love you mom, thank you for all you have done and do each and everyday.  I really appreciate you and I don't know where I would be without you!


No comments:

Post a Comment