Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Recipe Tuesday-Cool Beans Salad






With the temperatures rising, I am always looking for great easy recipes that require little to no cooking.  This recipe definitely fits the bill.

Ingredients:

Dressing:
1/2C  Olive Oil                                                        1t     Salt
1/4C  Red Wine Vinegar                                          1t     Ground Cumin
1T     Sugar                                                            1t     Chili Powder  
1       Garlic Clove, Minced                                    1/4t    Pepper

I start with the dressing first:

Combine 1/2 C Olive Oil, 1/4 C Red Wine Viengar, 1T Sugar, 1 Garlic Clove (minced), 1t Salt, 1t Ground Cumin, 1t Chili Powder and 1/4t Pepper.
 Gently whisk together.
 Then add 3 C of cooked rice.  The recipe calls for Basmati but we prefer Jasmine.
Then add 1 bag of frozen sweet corn, thawed.
Then add one can each, Black Beans and Red Beans, rinsed well and drained.
Then add 4 Green Onions, sliced thinly.

Add 1/4C minced Cilantro (optional).  Toss until well combined. Chill until serving.

This recipe is great for BBQ and Picnics.  You'll definitely be a hit!  ENJOY!

This recipe is being featured on Walking on Sunshine and Foodie Friends Friday Linky Party   


13 comments:

  1. This would be tasty. I like the seasonings you used. I'll often make a couscous salad but the rice would be a very nice change from that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Walking on Sunshine and My Little Home & Garden! Let me know if you try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paula! I'm Nadezda, I loved your recipe, it's good for hot days because I can fast cook it and is cool.
    Nadezda
    Saint Petersburg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nadezda, and thank you for checking out my blog. So glad you enjoyed the recipe. Hope to have some more "hot day" recipes in the coming weeks. I hope you'll come back and check them out.

      Delete
  4. :) Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday! Please come back next week with another great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the corn, bean, rice combo! Thanks for linking up on Foodie Friends Friday! Don't forget to come back and vote on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks C2C. Hope you'll visit me often, plan to have a few more great Summertime recipes in the coming weeks.

      Delete
  6. This looks great! And I love the name! :) Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ericka Breedlove. Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kendra! Hope you'll come back and visit me again!

      Delete