Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

Manic Monday-Rain Rain Go Away!

OK, so this is not my family room but it very well could be.


So this Manic Monday post is dedicated to recovering after a week and weekend where not much got done.  Last week we were having a heatwave where our temperatures soared into the 90's and one day over 100.  Cry me a river, you say?  Well, that just doesn't happen up here in the mountains.  Most days I am wearing a long sleeve shirt until about 10 am because it is still chilly from over night.  So I am sure that it goes without saying that we don't have air conditioning and when the days are that hot, there isn't much you can but lay low.


Anyway, back to this Manic Monday, it's raining today so all in all a perfect day to spend with the kids going through their toys in the Family Room.  So after reclaiming all inoculated surfaces and dealing with breakfast for the boys, it's off to the Family Room.  Been wanting to get in here for some time now, all of the boys' toys have their place but on occasion, if I'm not looking, when the boys clean up they sometimes ignore the specified places for things and toys get put away anywhere they can find a place.


So to begin I went to one of my favorite sources, Organized Home.com and a wonderful article on organizing kids rooms.  Today I am sorting, storing and simplifying and re-purposing some of my cluttered book cases as toy storage.  Will take pictures of the finished room.  Wish me luck, or better yet, PRAY!











2 comments:

  1. I remember those days! Hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lois, didn't get as far as I would have liked but it is definitely a work in progress!

      Delete